A better game manual than the old school blizzard games?

GameDealDaily.com Forums Have You Ever Seen? A better game manual than the old school blizzard games?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  TheSunshyn 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

genxsis83
    Participant

The manuals for Starcraft, Warcraft III and Diablo II from Blizzard were awesome.
    Those manuals I actually read front to back.

Anonymous

The Warcraft 2 one for Battle.net edition is good as well. Gave great backstory to the events of Warcraft and what happened. I know I tried to play the 1st one and that "YOU HAVE TO BUILD ROAD" bs was too much for me 😀

Great to hear of the Human Orc commander and all that stuff.

I hope they really go all out on Diablo 3. SC2 ‘s nice,k but it seems like there could be more

Anonymous

I remember those, they were pretty cool

slothasaurus

First manuals were color, then black and white…now they have shrunk them down to the point they are inside the slip cover…to the point where it says instruction manual on disc! I miss flipping through them!

soulscapex
    soulscapex
    Participant

ive never been one for manuals but i must agree with you on this one.

Heisenberg
    Participant

I guess you’re right based on the games but I haven’t seen those manuals.But yea some games have fun to read manuals..Stopped doing that though(unnecessry as tutorial gives you all you need,and throughout the game).

iamthemilkman
    iamthemilkman
    Participant

Whether I bother to read the info in them or not, I love manuals.

Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga has one of the better manuals in more recent times.

The Witcher III also comes with a manual, which is exceedingly rare nowadays. While it’s only a few pages long, they pack in a free compendium booklet, soundtrack, stickers, map, etc. in with the regular edition of the game, making it feel more like RPGs of the past that included a lot of stuff with the game.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by iamthemilkman iamthemilkman.

SteelAce
    Participant

I was surprised when I saw one with The Witcher 3. I have to admit I do have a thing for game manuals, if a game doesn’t have one when I open it up I kinda feel let dowwn. Really hate the ones that come with a slip of paper that says to go online for the manual, thats like a slap in the face.

Another thing I love is the maps/ posters that used to come in games, especially the old GTA games. Those posters were awesome, I was sad to see that GTAV didnt come with one like they did.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  SteelAce.

TheSunshyn
    Participant

I always loved getting a hardcopy map with a game. I tended to at least glance through the manuals, but it was the maps I tended to reference most often.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.