Best/Worst Remasters

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by iamthemilkman iamthemilkman 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TYLERxDURDEN
    TYLERxDURDEN
    Participant

I know everyone hates on remasters and like to complain each time one is announced but some of them have actually been great. Not all of them are necessary but there are a few that deserved to live on for at least one more generation.

Which ones were the best and which were the worst?

My favorites are Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, Bioshock Collection and Metro Redux. I don’t really have a least favorite although I though Ducktales Remastered was super hard and not really enjoyable.

DarkCobra86
    Participant

I don’t have one that jumps out at me at the moment. But I will say generally I am in favor of remastered. Only because I can pretty much a collection of the games in a series for a nice lowered price.

Ginormous76
    Participant

Liked:
    The Last of Us
    Resident Evil
    Devil May Cry trilogy

I don’t think I’ve played many remastered games, so I can’t think of any others I’ve even played.

TYLERxDURDEN
    TYLERxDURDEN
    Participant

Liked:
    The Last of Us
    Resident Evil
    Devil May Cry trilogy

I don’t think I’ve played many remastered games, so I can’t think of any others I’ve even played.

Forgot The Last of Us Remastered. I loved that one because it came with the Left Behind DLC. More content is always better with these.

iamthemilkman
    iamthemilkman
    Participant

I’m mixed on the Bioshock remaster. I noticed that the water on the stairs just runs straight down into the stair and doesn’t run on the surface of the stair like in the original. Little details like that really hurt the immersion of a very immersive game like Bioshock. The games definitely look better with their higher resolution and whatnot, however it’s the small details like that that really ruin it for me. I’ve noticed that remakes/remasters often ruin the art of the originals (Return to Arkham, for example).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.