Gotham Discussion

This topic contains 145 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  SullyKeepers 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    mr.me
    mr.me
    Participant

The first episode was really good. Great acting and writing. I really like how the story is unfolding too. I think this will quickly turn into one of my favorites.

TheSunshyn
    Participant

I rather liked it. Revolves far less around Bruce and is mostly about Gordon, but this one makes for a surprisingly cool protagonist. I like seeing younger versions of the villains we’ve come to know and love/hate. :thumbup:

Anonymous

I give the pilot a 7.5/10. Could have been great with a few changes. The things that bothered me(SPOILERS):

– The way half of the characters were introduced. Gordon’s was the worst, it didn’t make sense. He’s the newbie, but they have him acting like the top dog of the precint. Why would anybody listen to him?.
    – Waynes murder felt awkard… whoever played the killer sucked. But it was also due to a lack of a script, and bad lines for bruce later on(when he is talking to Gordon).
    – The part where detective Montoya tell Gordon’s wife he is a croock. Again, he is the newbie. It’s stupid for the detective and the wife to assume he’s the corrupt cop. It was a cheap way to make Gordon know that Pepper was framed. How about making him use his detective "skills"?.
    – And the ending. It would have been great to show the Penguin killing the guy to steal his clothes and car, not to eat a freaking sandwich.

Ginormous76
    Participant

"BlueRhinoz" wrote: I give the pilot a 7.5/10. Could have been great with a few changes. The things that bothered me(SPOILERS):

– The way half of the characters were introduced. Gordon’s was the worst, it didn’t make sense. He’s the newbie, but they have him acting like the top dog of the precint. Why would anybody listen to him?.
    – Waynes murder felt awkard… whoever played the killer sucked. But it was also due to a lack of a script, and bad lines for bruce later on(when he is talking to Gordon).
    – The part where detective Montoya tell Gordon’s wife he is a croock. Again, he is the newbie. It’s stupid for the detective and the wife to assume he’s the corrupt cop. It was a cheap way to make Gordon know that Pepper was framed. How about making him use his detective "skills"?.
    – And the ending. It would have been great to show the Penguin killing the guy to steal his clothes and car, not to eat a freaking sandwich.

1) If you thought the killer was dead and the case closed, it would be a waste of resources to do any investigative work.
    1b) I thought they would look for shoes when they found the necklace.
    2) You missed the subtlety of the sandwich. Watch the way he eats it. It’s one of the first steps towards his mannerisms and acceptance of the name "Penguin."
    3) Yes, the Wayne killing was poorly, poorly done.

mr.me
    mr.me
    Participant

Maybe I’m just a huge Batman universe fanboy, but nothing you brought up bothered me. Agree with Gin about the sandwhich, I thought that part was awesome and perfect for the character of Penguin.

Anonymous

I guess I’m nitpicking a little. Nowadays, a lot more time and resources are put into the Pilot episodes. So I expect more of them(pilots).
    But about the sandwich part, I don’t see how it fits him. Penguin is not supposed to be Gotham’s typical deranged villain. Maybe if he was seriously starving, but he wasn’t. I hope to see him wearing the fisherman’s clothes on the next episode. That would suggest that he didn’t kill him for a sandwich.

Anonymous

Finally saw it. It wasn’t perfect but I still liked it a lot. I agree the Wayne murder was terribly done. I’m excited for next week episode though.

ELbatman
    ELbatman
    Participant

So, I guess Jim Gordon’s fiancée Barbara Kean had lesbian relationship with Officer Renee Montoya.

Anonymous

"ELbatman" wrote: So, I guess Jim Gordon’s fiancée Barbara Kean had lesbian relationship with Officer Renee Montoya.

Is that true? I don’t know much about her character.

ELbatman
    ELbatman
    Participant

"darkcobra86" wrote:

So, I guess Jim Gordon’s fiancée Barbara Kean had lesbian relationship with Officer Renee Montoya.

Is that true? I don’t know much about her character.

Well, I know Montoya was a lesbian in the comics and I was just guessing by the way Barbara was talking to her.

Anonymous

Saw the second episode yesterday and it was good. Thoughts anyone?

mr.me
    mr.me
    Participant

"darkcobra86" wrote: Saw the second episode yesterday and it was good. Thoughts anyone?

I’ve been busy and haven’t had a chance to watch it yet. Maybe I’ll get to it tonight.

Anonymous

"darkcobra86" wrote: Saw the second episode yesterday and it was good. Thoughts anyone?

I tried a different perspective, to think of this series as not being part of the Batman Universe so I can determine its value. But the writers don’t make it easy by constantly having the main chars names and nicknames called out. It’s truly overdone…
    I believe this to be an o.k. series if you can ignore the fact this is supposed to be Batman’s Gotham(still holds for pre-batman). Cobblepot is to reckless, Selina is just a mature girl, and Bruce had an emo moment… I don’t think I’ll watch anymore of it.

mr.me
    mr.me
    Participant

I thought the second episode was good. They are already pushing the villian names, but they had to get those names somehow. Really I think they are doing it as gradually as they can. Oswald was only called penguin one time in the last episode? He hates the name and they are showing how he came to be known as that and his ultimate acceptance of it.

Anonymous

I’m not really sure about Selina but I agree she is too mature for her age or character. Like she comes off as just not being a kid but a real catwoman already. I don’t know Penguin back story so I can’t comment on much other than I’m glad I can kind of see how he becomes the Penguin. I never knew he didn’t like that name initially.

As much of a Batman fan as I am, there is a lot I don’t know about the universe so I hope this series is pretty dead on so I can learn more. But isn’t Penguin suppose to be a short guy and not this skinny tall dude?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.