Gotham Discussion

This topic contains 145 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  SullyKeepers 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    mr.me
    mr.me
    Participant

I think Selina, as a homeless person without parents, would probably be like that regardless of her current age. In situations like that you have to grow up/mature quickly. Penguin will probably gain wieght as the show goes on, as for his height, yeah he maybe he is taller than he is supposed to be, but his acting is excellent. Sometimes in adaptations you have to sacrifice the fact that the actor won’t look exactly like the character for good acting. What’s the point if the actor looks like the charcater but his acting sucks?

Anonymous

"mr.me" wrote: I think Selina, as a homeless person without parents, would probably be like that regardless of her current age. In situations like that you have to grow up/mature quickly. Penguin will probably gain wieght as the show goes on, as for his height, yeah he maybe he is taller than he is supposed to be, but his acting is excellent. Sometimes in adaptations you have to sacrifice the fact that the actor won’t look exactly like the character for good acting. What’s the point if the actor looks like the charcater but his acting sucks?

I agree so far I think the guy that is playing the Penguin have done a good job.

TheSunshyn
    Participant

"darkcobra86" wrote: I’m not really sure about Selina but I agree she is too mature for her age or character. Like she comes off as just not being a kid but a real catwoman already. I don’t know Penguin back story so I can’t comment on much other than I’m glad I can kind of see how he becomes the Penguin. I never knew he didn’t like that name initially.

As much of a Batman fan as I am, there is a lot I don’t know about the universe so I hope this series is pretty dead on so I can learn more. But isn’t Penguin suppose to be a short guy and not this skinny tall dude?

I agree about Selina being too mature in this but, well, growing up on the streets can do that to kids in RL. She should still be building her skills though, rather than being a real catwoman as you say.

Penguin was much deformed, and perhaps the hump will makes him significantly shorter later on. I do seem to recall that in at least some versions he was badly deformed at birth, not just the limp, and was abandoned by his mother into the sewer. This one will probably have some contact with horrible hazardous waste in order to melt him into the physical Penguin we know. Personality is probably dead on.

Anonymous

"TheSunshyn" wrote:

Penguin was much deformed, and perhaps the hump will makes him significantly shorter later on. I do seem to recall that in at least some versions he was badly deformed at birth, not just the limp, and was abandoned by his mother into the sewer. This one will probably have some contact with horrible hazardous waste in order to melt him into the physical Penguin we know. Personality is probably dead on.

So this Penguin though, seems like he wasn’t deformed at birth and the limp leg he got was from Mooney peeps. And seems like he and his mother was living together.

Anonymous

You guys misunderstand me about Selina. I don’t think is right or wrong to portray her as mature. I used just mature, because she was at times to much like a regular, but more mature girl. If she is going to grow into CW, I would expect her to be a bit twisted, even more defensive, somewhat bitter, and only nice to those she knows well(unless she is trying to trick them or something). And I did write before:

I believe this to be an o.k. series if you can ignore the fact this is supposed to be Batman’s Gotham

That also goes for the characters. They are O.K. if you can ignore the fact that they are supposed to grow into batman, catwoman, etc.

TheSunshyn
    Participant

Even the comics don’t seem terribly consistent as far as things like histories go. What I seem to recall about penguin is probably not true to the originals. While I always liked superheroes I’ve never been what you’d call a comic book geek, though I picked some info up from friends who were. What allowance I had as a kid didn’t allow for constantly buying such things.

Didn’t Selina have her mental break when she was older? I don’t recall anything extraordinary about her until that. The rough living on the streets does more for explaining her abilities than anything, though.

Anonymous

Is there different Catwoman? Wasn’t there one from Batman with Michael Keaton. She wasn’t Selina.

Anonymous

Holy smokes ELBatman, I guess Barbara was a lesbo.

Last episode I thought was really good. I’m excited for the next episode. I honestly really like to see what kind of crazy stuff Penguin is trying constantly pull.

mr.me
    mr.me
    Participant

Yeah the last episode was really good. Each one seems to be better than the last. Penguin is one of the best charcaters in this definitely. And [SPOILER] what the hell is penguin doing at Gordon’s?![SPOILER]

This has officially become my favorite current show.

Anonymous

I agree that each episode seem to have gotten better.

I personally think with regard to Penguin is he wants to pay back Gordon for not killing him. At least it is feel that way from the preview. I recall him saying I can help you. But again, it is Penguin and he is just crazy and most likely have another motives outside of just "helping" Gordon.

TheSunshyn
    Participant

"mr.me" wrote: Yeah the last episode was really good. Each one seems to be better than the last. Penguin is one of the best charcaters in this definitely. And [SPOILER] what the hell is penguin doing at Gordon’s?![SPOILER]

I was so pissed when the DVR cut off right when he showed up at the door. Did I miss anything after the first second when you saw him there?

It is probably my second favorite right now. Its still behind Doctor Who, which I’ve been a fan of since WAY back.

mr.me
    mr.me
    Participant

"TheSunshyn" wrote:

Yeah the last episode was really good. Each one seems to be better than the last. Penguin is one of the best charcaters in this definitely. And [SPOILER] what the hell is penguin doing at Gordon’s?![SPOILER]

I was so pissed when the DVR cut off right when he showed up at the door. Did I miss anything after the first second when you saw him there?

It is probably my second favorite right now. Its still behind Doctor Who, which I’ve been a fan of since WAY back.

Nah, you lucked out that was the end of the episode. it was just credits after that.

Anonymous

Yea, I think all he did was like said "Hi Jim Gordon," and it ended. You just missed some clips of Monday episode.

mr.me
    mr.me
    Participant

The new episode was good. Kinda disturbing though. I really want to see Penguin take down Fish Mooney.

Anonymous

"mr.me" wrote: The new episode was good. Kinda disturbing though. I really want to see Penguin take down Fish Mooney.

Yea, I can’t wait for Penguin to make his moves on Mooney.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.