Help Identify These Random Wii Discs

GameDealDaily.com Forums Have You Ever Seen? GDD Pics Help Identify These Random Wii Discs

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  wolfkin 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    drfrielgood
    drfrielgood

I came across these Wii discs a while ago. I’ve got no idea what they are, other than what they say on the label. Does anyone know anything about these? Are any of them particularly useful?

for the pink disc its some sort of backup disk….http://nintendo-scene.com/1274 but for the others…..not quite sure

LegendK1ll3r

The ones on the left look like they are just firmware updaters, for people who do not have online or any games that update you to the latest firmware. The middle one, no idea.. I don’t recall there ever being a "movie channel" on the Wii, so I really have no idea what it’d be for.

I’m also just taking a guess with the ones on the left, but that’s what they look like.

———————————————————————————————-

http://news.spong.com/article/10770/Wii … Beta_Dated

This seems to back up my theory on the discs on the left.

DefaultGen

Want! Those can’t be Nintendo official and I love pirate stuff!

Edit: Wow, apparently it is Nintendo official. It’s used by Nintendo repair centers. I’d love to work something out for a set of each disc.

baba19

Those are Nintendo officials. I’ve never seen these. Interesting.

DarkTang
    Participant

"DefaultGen" wrote: Want! Those can’t be Nintendo official and I love pirate stuff!

Edit: Wow, apparently it is Nintendo official. It’s used by Nintendo repair centers. I’d love to work something out for a set of each disc.

Wow ur really a dedicated collector

Jrittmayer
    Participant

Firmware update discs for people without Internet connections?
    Look pretty cool….

pr3mium

"DarkTang" wrote:

Want! Those can’t be Nintendo official and I love pirate stuff!

Wow ur really a dedicated collector

LMAO

NODAK

I could swear that the image on the leftmost discs was used once in a trivia contest, but hell if I remember where I saw it.

"DefaultGen" wrote: Edit: Wow, apparently it is Nintendo official. It’s used by Nintendo repair centers. I’d love to work something out for a set of each disc.

Heh…I remember how Nintendo kept leaving their software in consoles they’d serviced.
    Is that where these discs originated from?

DefaultGen

"NODAK" wrote: Heh…I remember how Nintendo kept leaving their software in consoles they’d serviced.
    Is that where these discs originated from?

Probably. If you Google for them, you’ll find them so I guess it was a rather common thing 😆 Microsoft left some backup disc inside some 360s a couple years ago I remember, and it was a big deal for the modding community, but it never amounted to anything.

wolfkin
    Participant

i know Japan is getting a video service so maybe these disc are JAP and not NA

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.