Over Priced DLCs

GameDealDaily.com Forums Game Reviews Review Archive Over Priced DLCs

This topic contains 59 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Ginormous76 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    johnmicahb
    johnmicahb
    Participant

"chenke80" wrote: DLC is a pure rip off! Back in the day you got extra stuff for just beating a game, not for how much money you have left over after paying for the new game to begin with.

Red Faction Armageddon is one of the few games that comes to mind with the more content after a game. Mr. Toots. That was a great bonus content after the end of the game. Now people can pay for an auto unlock instead of just winning them in-game.

jordan2950

I feel like the COD DLCS are overpriced for the content you get. Yes if you like multiplayer than i guess they are alright, but for me, i love the zombie maps. So getting 1 map for 15 dollars is a little ridiculous. I wish they would just make a COD zombies game dedicated to nothing but zombie play. Does anyone else agree?

Ginormous76
    Participant

"jordan2950" wrote: I feel like the COD DLCS are overpriced for the content you get. Yes if you like multiplayer than i guess they are alright, but for me, i love the zombie maps. So getting 1 map for 15 dollars is a little ridiculous. I wish they would just make a COD zombies game dedicated to nothing but zombie play. Does anyone else agree?

I disagree about the separate game, but I think they should have two options:
    Map Pack for $15
    Just the zombie map from the map pack for $5.

Shawnsig
    Participant

Yeah, I play mostly on the Xbox 360 and I always wait for sales on add-ons/arcade games. MSP are kind of pricey here in Canada, $20+taxes per 1400msp card. When some games/addons are 1200 MSP, then stuck with 200 left. I love that the Games on Demand games were priced correctly for my region, a 19.99 game for 1360msp, no additional taxes. Now after this MSP to real money conversion, there will be additional taxes on top of the taxes that I already paid for the MSP card codes. When the new Xbox Live Dollar codes start hitting the smaller stores, I’m pretty sure that they will charge the 12% tax, then another 12% on the marketplace, double dipping taxes ftw! Or maybe Canadians won’t have to pay taxes on the marketplace? I should do some more searching online.
    One example of overpriced dlc that I can think of, the Mass Effect 3 add-ons, 4000MSP($50+?) for the 4 major addons which are probably way shorter than the main story itself and you can buy a copy of ME3 for around $20, I guess that’s EA’s fault though. The ME3 Multiplayer addons were free of course, but they would have to be or else the multiplayer community would have been dead and players wouldn’t be able to find anyone else to play with because they were missing 1 of the addons.(If EA charged for the MP DLCs too) They sell weapon/gear packages for MSP/money though, so they are making some money from ME3 MP.
    I wonder if there are others out there like me who also wait long periods of time to get 50% off or more on an XBLA game or overpriced addons. lol
    Haha, I keep talking about marketplace content prices in MSP even after the conversion.

berserkerder
    Participant

Bought some Total War DLC’s. Probably not worth considering they should’ve came with the original game in the first place.. Feelsbadman

TYLERxDURDEN
    TYLERxDURDEN
    Participant

Not many come to mind. I typically only buy DLC that I know I’ll enjoy.

xx_Ixcoy_xx
    Participant

Some Destiny DLC is pretty over priced, It has a lot of content but the last one they sold didn’t meet the $30 price tag it had on it.

tastyfish
    Participant

While Destiny’s last DLC might have been overpriced, I certainly got my money’s worth. I still play parts of it every week.

In general, my biggest issue with DLC is season passes. Sometimes they are a good idea, but many times you don’t even know exactly what you’re going to be getting out of it.

TheSunshyn
    Participant

I’ve found many DLC disappointing, but there are certain games that they are well worth the money. I didn’t find the various Arkham game DLCs nor Borderland’s worthwhile.

I just paid $25 for the 2 DLCs to Pillars of Eternity. I had just bought the main game when it was on sale for less than that. However, I know this type of game, and it looks like the DLC not only adds additional content, but also makes the game work better overall. That’s the kind of DLC I feel is worth paying for.

DarkCobra86
    Participant

I wish we don’t have DLC. The game should come with all of that. It is just a dumb cash making money system.

Yung_SB
    Participant

All DLC is overpriced if we are being honest. Games shouldn’t even be $60 dollars if you buy them digitally because the gaming industry used to say that the only reason they were $60 was because of the materials used to make the disks, case, and manuals, but those materials are thrown out when it comes to digital games. Also DLC has made gaming companies lazy and money hungry, they’ll make an average game and put everything that was suppose to be in the game as DLC or take something out of a game that was in the previous games and make it DLC. DLC should honestly be content that when a person gets tired of the game they added new things that bring life back into the game that makes the game seem like it’s new even if you already beat the campaign mode.

DarkCobra86
    Participant

DLC should honestly be content that when a person gets tired of the game they added new things that bring life back into the game that makes the game seem like it’s new even if you already beat the campaign mode.

And it should be free!

TheSunshyn
    Participant

DLC should honestly be content that when a person gets tired of the game they added new things that bring life back into the game that makes the game seem like it’s new even if you already beat the campaign mode.

And it should be free!

There is that. I will say that DLC gives me a reason to NOT buy a game until the GOTY edition comes out so it sort of backfires on them for myself and other gamers like me.

Ginormous76
    Participant

I wish we don’t have DLC. The game should come with all of that. It is just a dumb cash making money system.

A lot of DLC is made post-release. It is also a way to help companies with recouping expenses. Instead of a whole new game, they can start with existing assets and make more content. Some DLC gives a lot of bang for the buck (like The Witcher 3). Some is a ripoff.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Ginormous76.

Ginormous76
    Participant

And it should be free!

There is that. I will say that DLC gives me a reason to NOT buy a game until the GOTY edition comes out so it sort of backfires on them for myself and other gamers like me.

I picked up Witcher 3 for like $25. Before I had gotten to it, the GOTY version was only $25. Fortunately the base game trade in value made it so I only paid $5 to upgrade. However, it makes me wait for GOTY now.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.