Scalebound scrapped :(

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  DarkCobra86 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    iamthemilkman
    iamthemilkman
    Participant

It’s true. Official Microsoft statement is coming tomorrow. Not only that, I guess Kamiya’s having some mental health issues.

If you’re an Xbox One owner, 2017 looks bleak. The only confirmed titles set to launch this year are Sea of Thieves, Forza Motorsport 7 and Halo Wars 2. The new Crackdown is in development limbo.

If you’re a PS4 owner, 2017 looks like its best year yet.

DarkCobra86
    Participant

Yea, PS4 looks real good right now compared to X1. But all in all I think things will be fine for MS. Plenty of games to be played out there.

Ginormous76
    Participant

Did anyone think Scalebound looked good though? I saw the videos and just thought, “Meh.” Halo Wars 1 was good. I picked up an Xbone S with Halo 1-5 for like $200 to play those games with my wife. It’s my backup/future 4K Blu-Ray player.

iamthemilkman
    iamthemilkman
    Participant

Did anyone think Scalebound looked good though? I saw the videos and just thought, “Meh.” Halo Wars 1 was good. I picked up an Xbone S with Halo 1-5 for like $200 to play those games with my wife. It’s my backup/future 4K Blu-Ray player.

It was in my top 5 for 2017. Hideki Kamiya made RE, RE2, DMC, Viewtiful Joe, Wonderful 101, Okami, Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, etc. His record is pretty spotless. Platinum is also one of my favorite studios.

Looked pretty damn cool to me. The framerate sucked in the demo, however that was a year ago and optimization comes at the end of development. Nothing on Xbox One looks this cool to me.

DarkCobra86
    Participant

I think that if MS really wanted it, they will and can find someone else to make the game down the road.

iamthemilkman
    iamthemilkman
    Participant

Then it’ll suck. Platinum and Kamiya can’t be touched when it comes to this style of game.

That’d be like someone else trying to develop Halo and Gears of War games. Oh wait…

DarkCobra86
    Participant

I thought the new Halo was fine.

CrystalRhinoz
    CrystalRhinoz
    Participant

I really hope this game comes a back in any way or form(digital only or whatever), I’m a sucker for dragon-themed media. Also, I’m not getting MS gameplan, poor ports to PC and to cancel their few exclusives..

iamthemilkman
    iamthemilkman
    Participant

Given the PS4’s lineup this year, the Xbox One looks barren in terms of exclusives. I’m not even against the Xbox One. I like the system, the controller, the great Xbox 360 backwards compatibility, etc., but they simply do not have the luxury of canceling exclusives when they take 2-3 years to make at best. By the time they announce more games, they won’t be out until the next Xbox releases, so only having Crackdown and Forza for this year, in addition to Halo Wars 2, it’s not exactly a killer lineup compared to PS4. PS4 has first-party and third-party exclusives like Horizon, Yakuza, Nier, Nioh and The Last Guardian already in just 3 months. Xbox One has Halo Wars 2, which is also available on PC. All of those PS4 exclusives scored well, too.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by iamthemilkman iamthemilkman.

DarkCobra86
    Participant

Given the PS4’s lineup this year, the Xbox One looks barren in terms of exclusives. I’m not even against the Xbox One. I like the system, the controller, the great Xbox 360 backwards compatibility, etc., but they simply do not have the luxury of canceling exclusives when they take 2-3 years to make at best. By the time they announce more games, they won’t be out until the next Xbox releases, so only having Crackdown and Forza for this year, in addition to Halo Wars 2, it’s not exactly a killer lineup compared to PS4. PS4 has first-party and third-party exclusives like Horizon, Yakuza, Nier, Nioh and The Last Guardian already in just 3 months. Xbox One has Halo Wars 2, which is also available on PC. All of those PS4 exclusives scored well, too.

Exactly, another win for Sony.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.