SPOILERS: Where Will Horizon Go Now?

GameDealDaily.com Forums Video Game Discussion Hub Sony Gaming Discussion SPOILERS: Where Will Horizon Go Now?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by TYLERxDURDEN TYLERxDURDEN 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TYLERxDURDEN
    TYLERxDURDEN
    Participant

For those of you who have completed Horizon Zero Dawn, where do you think a sequel will go? How will they keep the sense of discovery fresh? Did the game end the way you expected?

I absolutely loved the game but have a hard time envisioning falling in love with that world again.

TKtheknight
    TKtheknight
    Participant

I finally beat the game today and it was fantastic! One of the best gaming experiences I’ve had. Anyways to answer your questions on my thoughts/opinions.

The teaser at the end definitely made me excited and I knew there was more than just what he did. He was shady and saw his manipulations. I wondered about that giant machine as well and figured wondered if they’ll set that up for sequel.

As for making it fresh they would have to travel overseas to another continent. The game started where the origins came from and other places are affected around the world. They have to go out of the continent and look for new areas. I also felt that the environment with mountains and such in the game felt like the Grand Canyon. Secret military stuff or something usually resides in Arizona/New Mexico or something.

Also would love to ride on flying machines. Instead of mounting and walking to areas I would love to fly all around the open world. It’ll be tough to top this game, but they definitely gotta think outside the box or add new features for sequel. Imagine flying and having air battles. Hmm I’d like to think HZD takes place on land for this game, air in next, and maybe sea in 3rd.

Anyways other than that great soundtrack, voice acting, and Guerilla Games did a fantastic job taking a risk onto another genre besides shooters.

TYLERxDURDEN
    TYLERxDURDEN
    Participant

I finally beat the game today and it was fantastic! One of the best gaming experiences I’ve had. Anyways to answer your questions on my thoughts/opinions.

The teaser at the end definitely made me excited and I knew there was more than just what he did. He was shady and saw his manipulations. I wondered about that giant machine as well and figured wondered if they’ll set that up for sequel.

As for making it fresh they would have to travel overseas to another continent. The game started where the origins came from and other places are affected around the world. They have to go out of the continent and look for new areas. I also felt that the environment with mountains and such in the game felt like the Grand Canyon. Secret military stuff or something usually resides in Arizona/New Mexico or something.

Also would love to ride on flying machines. Instead of mounting and walking to areas I would love to fly all around the open world. It’ll be tough to top this game, but they definitely gotta think outside the box or add new features for sequel. Imagine flying and having air battles. Hmm I’d like to think HZD takes place on land for this game, air in next, and maybe sea in 3rd.

Anyways other than that great soundtrack, voice acting, and Guerilla Games did a fantastic job taking a risk onto another genre besides shooters.

Flight would definitely add an interesting gameplay component.

One thing that surprised me (as I had avoided all trailers), was the diversity of environments. They included most types of terrain but I was expecting only the Canadian looking wilderness.

The worst part about games is that when you play one you love at launch, you have to wait soooo long for the sequel or continuation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.