Spring Cleaning Part 2 – Nintendo 64 VHS Tapes

GameDealDaily.com Forums Have You Ever Seen? GDD Pics Spring Cleaning Part 2 – Nintendo 64 VHS Tapes

This topic contains 23 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  HitHardTactics 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    drfrielgood
    drfrielgood

I subscribed to Nintendo Power for the better part of fifteen years. During the N64 days especially, Nintendo would mail out VHS tapes to subscribers to promote some of their more high-profile titles. Here are the five that I received:

pfeifer18

I remember these. Sorry I can’t help you unload them. I don’t even own a VCR anymore. Gave it to my mom.

DefaultGen

I loved these. I can’t count the times I watched the Banjo-Kazooie one after I got it in the mail.

drfrielgood
    drfrielgood

Yeah, it really didn’t get much more exciting than to receive one of those in the mail back in the day.

Nex Antonius

My friend and I would also watch that Banjo-Kazooie VHS everyday. Ah, memories. Perhaps magazines should do this with DV-…oh, no, wait. The internet. Right. 😐

Jrittmayer
    Participant

I’ve subscribed to Nintendo Power for many years but I think I’m going to unsubscribe because the new editors are completely biased toward anything non-nintendo..rating nintendo games much higher than they should be…and they no longer send you cool stuff! Nintendo Power went down the drain!

Ch33pSh33p

Nice set, I don’t recall ever seeing such tapes in person though as I started getting magazines in the early 2000s and at that time, you got a CD/DVD instead :mrgreen:

crazykole5

wow, I don’t think I have ever seen one of these…love to see a beta one 😛

jovhany

never seen these also but banjo is the best bear adventure game ever

DarkTang
    Participant

I wonder how much you can sell them for

baba19

Diddy Kong racing was an awesome game. 😀

drfrielgood
    drfrielgood

"baba19" wrote: Diddy Kong racing was an awesome game. 😀

Yes it was, I think it was better than Mario Kart 64. It was cool to play a racing game with a story mode rather than just selecting races through menus. The cars, planes, and hovercrafts also add some variety into the gameplay.

chronodestroyer
    Participant

Well aren’t those boxfuls of nostalgia right there. Man, I loved everything about the N64. Magical system

I considered Diddy Kong Racing equal to Mario Kart. Just as I did for the lesser known, but equally great title, Snowboard Kids. If you want to know what the heck I’m talking about as most people haven’t heard of it, here’s a little insight.

LegendK1ll3r

"chronodestroyer" wrote: Well aren’t those boxfuls of nostalgia right there. Man, I loved everything about the N64. Magical system

I considered Diddy Kong Racing equal to Mario Kart. Just as I did for the lesser known, but equally great title, Snowboard Kids. If you want to know what the heck I’m talking about as most people haven’t heard of it, here’s a little insight.

I agree about Diddy Kong Racing, at times, I think I actually preferred it over MK64. Usually, it just seemed to be more fun. I’d assume that’s because it had more than just "kart" racing, and had a few more modes.

I’ve played Snowboard Kids, but the only snowboarding game I’ve ever enjoyed has been 1080. I can still go back, to this day, and play 1080 on the N64. I even really enjoyed 1080: Avalanche, but I seem to be one of the select few people in the world to enjoy that (it was watered-down trick-wise, but was still just as fun as the original).

In-fact, I really wish they would finally make a new 1080. They seem to be reviving a lot of other titles, and I’m sure they could easily gimmick it up on the Wii, so I don’t see why they haven’t yet. I assume it could be due to low sales of Avalanche, but that game wasn’t advertised at all, and only true 1080 fans knew about it.

chronodestroyer
    Participant

Well, I wish they’d revive Snowboard Kids, but they killed it too much by making a soulless, terrible sequel of it on the DS, so I doubt that’s coming back. If you enjoyed Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart though, I don’t see why you wouldn’t like Snowboard Kids, they’re basically the same game. I’d love to see a new 1080, you’d think they’d capitalize on that with the Balance Board and whatnot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.