Spring Cleaning Part 2 – Nintendo 64 VHS Tapes

GameDealDaily.com Forums Have You Ever Seen? GDD Pics Spring Cleaning Part 2 – Nintendo 64 VHS Tapes

This topic contains 23 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  HitHardTactics 8 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

NODAK

"drfrielgood" wrote: During the N64 days especially, Nintendo would mail out VHS tapes to subscribers to promote some of their more high-profile titles.

Oddly enough I have exactly five VHS tapes as well. The difference is mine came from Sony to promote PSX titles. They came in thick illustrated paper sleeves and the magnetic tape in these is cut exactly to the length of each promotional video.

edit: Oh, wait…make that 7 tapes. I forgot I also have two featuring TurboGrafix games. I know that one is for Lords of Thunder. I can’t recall what the other one is. I’d like for these and all my VHS movies to find a good home, but even the local thrift & public libraries don’t want VHS anymore.

iamthemilkman
    iamthemilkman
    Participant

Omg, I used to have these as a kid. Dammit, I hate myself for throwing them away when I felt I was "too old" to keep them.:(

Btw, awesome threads. Keep posting the weird stuff.

Anonymous

I remember watching a Nintendo video preview on VHS back when I was 10 or so, I forget whether it was from Nintendo or some retailer like Blockbuster. I kept hearing "more fun than a barrel of…well, you know the saying" in reference to DK64 but back then I didn’t know the saying!

SV11bucksfan

I remember these!! It’s been a LONG time though. But the one VHS Tape I remember the most was watching a Starfox 64 tape. It was great! 🙂

Anonymous

Hey I remember these . I used to get them from Nintendo when I joined club Nintendo or whatever the equivalent was in 98. Wow that takes me back. :wave:

SV11bucksfan

"archangelreb" wrote: Hey I remember these . I used to get them from Nintendo when I joined club Nintendo or whatever the equivalent was in 98. Wow that takes me back. :wave:

Yea they were pretty cool video tapes. I just remember watching only a few of them.

Tanelorn
    Tanelorn
    Participant

Wow.. I think I ended my subscription just before the N64 era ! Would have been nice to get this stuff !

Anonymous

"Tanelorn" wrote: Wow.. I think I ended my subscription just before the N64 era ! Would have been nice to get this stuff !

I think I got a few. I got one for starfox 64. Can’t remember where I placed them now though. Probably in my closet.

These are the things I want to keep forever and pass on to my kids, to give to their kids. I know I have at least a couple of them still. Getting these in the mail, and watching them at the time, was just as exciting if not more exciting than playing a new game.

These tapes should be archived and shared with the public! :clap:

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.