Starcraft Remastered

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  DarkCobra86 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TYLERxDURDEN
    TYLERxDURDEN
    Participant

I was initially excited but it doesn’t look all that much better. Anyone else checking this out?

DarkCobra86
    Participant

So it’ll have SC 2 graphics? The game will be good remastered with better graphics. I think a lot of people still play this game which would be good for them.

CrystalRhinoz
    CrystalRhinoz
    Participant

So it’ll have SC 2 graphics? The game will be good remastered with better graphics. I think a lot of people still play this game which would be good for them.

No, it won’t have SC2 graphics. It’s just like the original, but with much higher texture resolutions, 16×9, etc.

Going back to the original question. I wont be playing it, but it’s certainly worth playing for those who haven’t.

P.S: my avatar is a character from Starcraft.

Bigandtasty
    Bigandtasty
    Participant

With games that focus on competitive multiplayer, I understand the desire to keep the remaster simple. I agreed with most of the changes in, for example, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (what a mouthful), but most purists didn’t like the adjustments from David Sirlin and company (the lack of an arcade version also hurt its chances among Japanese players). Limiting gameplay changes results in less work and more of a crowd-pleaser, because if adjustments are made, players would debate the specific adjustments constantly.

My main point of interest is how Blizzard handles hotkeys for the remaster. StarCraft II hotkeys are fully customizable and the default keys are overall more intuitive, but StarCraft hotkeys were fixed and worked with the logic of “what letter does this unit/building start with?” rather than “what letter could be associated with this unit/building AND is easily reachable?”

I figure Blizzard will do the risk-averse thing and keep the weird old hotkeys, but if any gameplay-related change happens it’s probably that.

As for actually playing StarCraft Remastered, I don’t think I’ll do it seriously, but I might try it for a nostagia kick.

DarkCobra86
    Participant

No, it won’t have SC2 graphics. It’s just like the original, but with much higher texture resolutions, 16×9, etc.

Going back to the original question. I wont be playing it, but it’s certainly worth playing for those who haven’t.

That sucks. I probably won’t play it. Too much of a learning curve to try and play it now.

P.S: my avatar is a character from Starcraft.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.