They Came From Japan

GameDealDaily.com Forums Have You Ever Seen? GDD Pics They Came From Japan

This topic contains 28 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  RoboMech 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Jrittmayer
    Participant

"drfrielgood" wrote:

Freight charges are really high! I struggled through a trip to a Japanese post office so I could mail a huge box of stuff home. It wound up costing me a few hundred dollars, plus about a 2-month long wait for delivery!

And how about technology over there, like celphones, blue ray systems and such. Are they as expensive as in america?

If you shop at the right places you can actually get electronics cheaper than in America. You just have to be careful and keep your eyes open for knockoffs. In Japan, cell phones seem to be a couple years ahead of the US, technologically.

Yeah someone once told me that "new" camera/phones in the US are 1-2 years old in Japan…wonder if thats true?
    I’ve been to Hong Kong a few times but haven’t bought that much there since almost everything is a knock-off 😆

stickfigx

Dammit, the trance vibrators are Y480 ($5ish?)? Those things are rare as hell here.
    And the Famicom for $5, too. :thumbup:

Though if I ended up in Japan (highly unlikely at my income), I’d probably blow all my money on Gundam models and spend all my time interviewing salarymen to write a book based on the misery they go through every day. They are good men, but overworked to the point where they’re at the brink of suicide (a friend of mine over there saw a salaryman commit suicide by jumping in front of a high-speed train :sick: ). 😥

Jrittmayer
    Participant

"stickfigx" wrote: Dammit, the trance vibrators are Y480 ($5ish?)? Those things are rare as hell here.
    And the Famicom for $5, too. :thumbup:

Though if I ended up in Japan (highly unlikely at my income), I’d probably blow all my money on Gundam models and spend all my time interviewing salarymen to write a book based on the misery they go through every day. They are good men, but overworked to the point where they’re at the brink of suicide (a friend of mine over there saw a salaryman commit suicide by jumping in front of a high-speed train :sick: ). 😥

Vibrators?

drfrielgood
    drfrielgood

"stickfigx" wrote: Dammit, the trance vibrators are Y480 ($5ish?)? Those things are rare as hell here.

There were hundreds of the trance vibrators at one of the stores that I went to. They were rare in the US even at that time, so I picked up five of them. I would’ve probably bought them all if I didn’t have to worry about mailing them home!

KatamariHead

"drfrielgood" wrote: I spent a month in Japan when I was in college as part of a study abroad program. I’ll be posting some of my pictures from that trip in this forum. Here are the first few:

Soul Calibur II Gamecube Arcade Stick

Rez Trance Vibrators

WOW @ The Rez Trance Vibrators. I’ve never seen these items. Nice find.

drfrielgood
    drfrielgood

I remember the days when Rez was fetching $80+ on ebay. Rez, Gitaroo Man, and Marvel vs Capcom 2 were the holy grails of PS2 collection. Then Rez and Gitaroo Man were reprinted, and finally MvC2 came out on PSN and XBL.

KatamariHead

lol people were paying 150 plus for copies of MVC2.

I paid 80 for a dreamcast version 🙁

AionTelos

My local gamestop has a copy of MvC2 for 70 bucks. Also, I loved Rez, I got to rent it a long while back. I think it was because tonami did a review on it.

drfrielgood
    drfrielgood

There was a time when MvC2 would go for $100 easy, but the value has dropped by about a third since the XBL/PSN versions came out.

joseanrock

Man, Japan with their constant wins.

aihuman
    Participant

Ive always wanted a famicom.How are the prices on old,mainstream and used games in shops like Super Potato?Affordable,reasonable?

And I think you can plug in an extra Xbox 360 controller and use the vibrator function in Rez HD.

Nex Antonius

"drfrielgood" wrote: There was a time when MvC2 would go for $100 easy, but the value has dropped by about a third since the XBL/PSN versions came out.

Yeah, that irked me a little. I have a PS2 copy I was going to sell. 🙁

Anonymous

Those are pretty cool I only wish that I would have gotten to spend more than one day in Japan and that was a layover on my trip to Korea. :geek: Game cube games come with sticks bundled?? What will they think of next.

RoboMech

Awesome Nintendo Console from Japan. Also the Soul Calibur Arcade Stick looks cool too. Good set of Nintendo accessories you have.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.