TV discussion/What are you watching now?

GameDealDaily.com Forums Off-Topic Board of Randomness TV discussion/What are you watching now?

This topic contains 100 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  TheSunshyn 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
  • Author

DarkCobra86
    Participant

Anyone watched Heroes Reborn or used to watch Heroes? I’m a big fan of Heroes so I’m glad this is back. Opening episode was okay. Lots of new character introduced and seems like they are setting up for big things as always. We will see how all this goes. At first I was a bit lost on the continuity of the storyline and had to reread on wiki the last episode of Heroes to refresh myself (like Gotham).

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  DarkCobra86.
    mr.me
    mr.me
    Participant

Anyone watched Heroes Reborn or used to watch Heroes? I’m a big fan of Heroes so I’m glad this is back. Opening episode was okay. Lots of new character introduced and seems like they are setting up for big things as always. We will see how all this goes. At first I was a bit lost on the continuity of the storyline and had to reread on wiki the last episode of Heroes to refresh myself (like Gotham).

Yes to both. I was disappointed when Heroes was cancelled. I guess Heroes Reborn is like Star Trek The Next Generation. I liked the first episode and the new characters. I think I like it a bit better than the original.

TheSunshyn
    Participant

Thanks for the reminder. I had meant to look it up but forgot. I’ll see if I can catch the first episodes on OnDemand.

chronodestroyer
    Participant

At the moment I’m watching One-Punch Man. I haven’t been into too many anime lately but this OPM is quality. I mainly just watch YouTube recently however, lots of game-related channels.

I’m also re-watching Samurai Champloo

rooserloom
    Participant

At the moment I’m watching One-Punch Man. I haven’t been into too many anime lately but this OPM is quality. I mainly just watch YouTube recently however, lots of game-related channels.

I’m also re-watching Samurai Champloo

one punch man is pretty great.

currently watching narcos and its crazy.

DarkCobra86
    Participant

I heard about One-Punch Man and it sounds really funny. I need to try and watch it. Samurai Champloo is a great show, I’m glad you guys are re-watching it.

Kikyou1
    Kikyou1
    Participant

Once Upon a Time and Super Girl.

The first episode of Supergirl had way to much cheese but with time it’s really improving. The CGI effects are pretty cool except when someone other then supergirl is “Flying. Guess it takes time to get use to that kind of balance movement. I’m a big fan of New 52 supergirl and this show sure as hell isn’t it. But I’m enjoying it in a cheesy old school Linda Carter Wonder Woman kind of way.

Once Upon a Time… well it’s doing what its been doing for the past 4 years. Reusing the same stories on different characters, but meh. I have come this far, I’m not dropping it now.

I still need to catch up with The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones before the new seasons come out.

TheSunshyn
    Participant

Supergirl does seem to be getting better. Not terrific, but worth watching. I’m having trouble finding anything particularly good this season.

I gave up on Once Upon a Time last season even though I really don’t like dropping shows that I’ve been watching.

I did just see the first episode of Into the Badlands. Thought it had definite potential – it felt sort of like one of those old-time kung fu type shows (complete with those same sound effects) with a post-apocalyptic, Mad Max style, twist.

DarkCobra86
    Participant

You all should watch Mr. Robort. It is an amazing show.

wolfkin
    Participant

I finally caught up on Girl Meets World. I had paused on S2’s THREE PART episode in which girl’s best friend shows feeling for girl’s love interest and so to be a good friend girl backs off and I just KNEW they were going to kiss when she wasn’t there. Turns out it’s Disney and they’re middle schoolers… so no? Anyway finishing up the second season I can’t help but be impressed with how much the show has been improved.

There were some missteps in the final eight episodes. Girl meets STEM for instance is a great concept that was executed kinda poorly. In that they put their nerd character Farkle on the “Women don’t do science” part. Which doesn’t match his character. Honestly the fact that she wasn’t good science doesn’t really match girl’s character either because when we met her she was a straight A student like her mother not an average joe like her father. But beyond that it was a solid episode. I have no problem with the message only with how they used Farkle to do it. It was mildly cheesy at the “Let’s learn about [insert todays topic here]” moment but it wasn’t overly done.

They’ve started to acknowledge other students more which is great. Farkle the son of Minkus has changed. he’s not the super dorky Steve Urkel type they’ve tone him down and actually truth be told he’s a really good looking guy. It’s starting to be unrealistic that he’s so “socially awkward”. Not yet.. but soon. They’ve all but killed off his catch-sound (instead of a catch phrase he had a catch honk which like the scanners screaming in this video

It’s amusing at first and then makes you hate it after too much. They brought it back and I forgot how annoying it used to be and realized how little I’d seen it. There’s a way you could have seen it as a defense mechanism as he got friends he relied on it less. EXCEPT they pulled the same retcon they pulled in BMW. Where suddenly they were all lifelong friends. The same thing happened in GMW where girl, girl’s friend and nerd mascot are BFF from pre-school. Which kinda negates the whole narrative of nerd growing up with friends and becomes more normal.

I even watched the Season 3 Premiere which for the first time changed the starting and they went STRAIGHT to later seasons of BMW for the inspiration of that one. Classic College years opening if i recall correctly. It’s an interesting opening. I didn’t like the first act but I did like seeing Smackle (female nerd) because Smackle was one of my favorite characters she’s brilliant both figuratively and literally. They went a surprisingly emotional way with the episode and I liked it. Cory and Shawn never went through anything like this but Cory and Shawn were only 2 (and with topanga retcon’d, 3) people. Riley and Maya are a team of six friends. It kinda works that they would get broken. I’m actually impressed that both Smackle and black goofy kid have survived as actual characters so much. I have high hopes for them.

The only real problem with a friendpack this big is there’s no room to introduce new friends. Maybe black kid gets an Angela, and with late season revelations it’s possible that Maya gets a Jack and though I doubt it, it’s not impossible that Auggie (the boy Morgan) might play a larger role if he grows up (again I really doubt that one). But adding to a group of six friends is going to be rough. I see black kid as the Shawn character who dates around (which would be nice because there’s a lot of lifetime relationships forming and not a lot of dating which is kind of terrifying), Smackle the girl Nerd (who IS autistic unlike Farkle the boy Nerd) will probably get more speaking lines. They have a nice meme of her saying things and having to be reminded which parts shouldn’t be said out loud. It’s actually quite hilarious.

Smackle: Lucas, stop hitting on me
    Lucas: I'm just standing next to you
    Smackle: I'm with Farkle, jealousy doesn't look good on you. Even though everything else does
    Farkle: Smackle!
    Smackle: Which part of that shouldn't I have said out loud?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  wolfkin.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  wolfkin. Reason: imagifying a picture
    TYLERxDURDEN
    TYLERxDURDEN
    Participant

My girlfriend wanted to watch Game of Thrones with me so we had to start from the beginning. Currently. we’re working through season 5. So much has been spoiled for me thus far. Frickin’ Yahoo seriously posts a spoiler article every Monday with the spoilers in the title. Makes me so mad.

Zeus
    Zeus
    Participant

Frickin’ Yahoo seriously posts a spoiler article every Monday with the spoilers in the title. Makes me so mad.

Yeah, Yahoo is terrible about that. Their start page just revels in spoilers.

Ginormous76
    Participant

My girlfriend wanted to watch Game of Thrones with me so we had to start from the beginning. Currently. we’re working through season 5. So much has been spoiled for me thus far. Frickin’ Yahoo seriously posts a spoiler article every Monday with the spoilers in the title. Makes me so mad.

The most surprising part of this post is that someone uses Yahoo.

Yung_SB
    Participant

I watch animes: One Piece which is the GOAT, Naruto, Bleach, etc.

DarkCobra86
    Participant

I watch animes: One Piece which is the GOAT, Naruto, Bleach, etc.

Bleach manga finally have ended. I wasn’t satisfied with how it ended though.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.