Xbox Game Pass

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by iamthemilkman iamthemilkman 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Ginormous76
    Participant

Microsoft announced a $10/month service where you can download games from a select library (sounds like it will be 100+ games) and keep them as long as they are in the program and you are in the program. I think this is an interesting idea and the right price point. There are times I’m nostalgic for games. If I could pick them up and play for $10 when I have that craving, I would be intrigued. Obviously it comes down to the library.

PS Now seems too expensive, or has the price come down? Do you think it would come down to something similar?

DarkCobra86
    Participant

So this is like a Netflix subscription service or PS Now service. I don’t think I will go for it. I already get enough free games from Xbox live. I won’t have time to just play all these other games. This is why I don’t use PS Now as well.

d3bugu
    Participant

yea neither am I going for it. just not worth it i feel

TheSunshyn
    Participant

First thing I thought of was Netflix for games too. Unless it offers premium games, I can’t see it being all that worth it for many people.

TYLERxDURDEN
    TYLERxDURDEN
    Participant

To be clear, this is NOT Netflix for games. PlayStation Now is Netflix for games. Your subscription allows you to stream games to your console.

The Xbox program is more attractive because it allows you to actually download the games onto your console and it boasts a cheaper price tag.

Microsoft’s attempts to appear more consumer friendly are definitely changing perception but at what cost? It’s unlikely that this program will generate much of a profit. In fact, it will likely eat into profits from game sales. Similar to BC, great for consumers but bad for business. We’ll have to wait and see if people adopt the Scorpio to support Microsoft’s consumer friendly practices.

TheSunshyn
    Participant

I was just reading about MS’s digital game servers going down intermittently. Not only that, but you can’t even play single player games off your own hard drive if they (or you) are offline. No thanks.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/03/21/xbox-one-digital-game-errors-are-unacceptable.aspx

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  TheSunshyn.

DarkCobra86
    Participant

I was just reading about MS’s digital game servers going down intermittently. Not only that, but you can’t even play single player games off your own hard drive if they (or you) are offline. No thanks.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/03/21/xbox-one-digital-game-errors-are-unacceptable.aspx

Uhh that is no good. Can’t even just download them and store them for later.

TYLERxDURDEN
    TYLERxDURDEN
    Participant

But that is a different issue from the Game Pass, correct? If you download games with Xbox Game Pass you can play them regardless I thought?

TheSunshyn
    Participant

Uhh that is no good. Can’t even just download them and store them for later.

From what the article says, it sounds like you can download games to your drive but still have to be connected to MS server to play them.

I’m not sure if they are doing this with Game Pass specificly, but if they are treating the rest of their downloads that way, I’d be very surprised if they aren’t doing the same with Game Pass.

TYLERxDURDEN
    TYLERxDURDEN
    Participant

Interesting. I didn’t know that. If that’s the case, Game Pass just became far less attractive.

iamthemilkman
    iamthemilkman
    Participant

I don’t sub to any of these services since I don’t have time to partake in multiplayer and I prefer to own my games and not have them be digital and tied to a subscription.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.